Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mezzir
Jul 1, 2007

I'ma rub your ass in the moonshine.
Let's take it back to seventy-nine...
I suppose this is the best place to ask this, since the mods aren't around too too much. A few things I've come across in the last month or so made me want to post a PYF inspiration type deal, but just songs. And i realize that would seem to fit in PYF, but ideally it'd just be something from musician to musician of what type thing you listen to when you're in a rut or what song you just heard that broadened your horizons or what'd you just hear that you think is a cool idea you want to emulate or think other people could use to hear. Any interest anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mezzir
Jul 1, 2007

Say I was interesting in sampling sounds from around me, like drumming on my keyboard (computer keyboard, not midi keyboard). Its got a kinda thin snare like sound that I always strangely liked, and I was just drumming along to a song thinking that would sound kinda cool, and I realized I've been interested in recording all sorts of random sounds before to mess around with and whatnot, what kind of mic would I want for this sort of thing?

mezzir
Jul 1, 2007

Could start a thread in PYF/PYR but this seems easier/less clutter.
Song from the 90's I believe, late 90's, rock with male vocals for the most part except for this one female vocal loop which was really sick in the band's single except through the album it got reeeeeeeeally old. I think the band's name is like a four letter acronym or at least looks like one (a.r.f.d. etc, four letters w/ periods). The following is the main hook, the chorus thingie is where the female vocal line would be, and then just guitar/bass

mezzir
Jul 1, 2007

mezzir posted:

Could start a thread in PYF/PYR but this seems easier/less clutter.
Song from the 90's I believe, late 90's, rock with male vocals for the most part except for this one female vocal loop which was really sick in the band's single except through the album it got reeeeeeeeally old. I think the band's name is like a four letter acronym or at least looks like one (a.r.f.d. etc, four letters w/ periods). The following is the main hook, the chorus thingie is where the female vocal line would be, and then just guitar/bass

Apologies for the bump but got damnit this is still bugging the poo poo out of me and I've had no luck identifying it whatsoever :smith: