Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kramden
Aug 11, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Where can I get a noise maker, either controllable by guitar or buttons or whatever?

And I don't want it all digital sounds. Just kind of like reverb and feedback and screeching and thumps and bumps and stuff.

I used to have one when I used this program Super Collider, but I don't use it anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kramden
Aug 11, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

CalvinDooglas posted:

You can also buy upgrades like Pots and Pans, Angry Cat, and Fart.

Or hold your guitar up to the amp with the overdrive on and start knocking on the neck and head.

Perhaps I should explain myself better -

I want a box where I can dial in all different kinds of wave forms at various frequencies, have white noise, and filters and modulators, and lots of cool stuff, all controllable at my finger tips.

So, I guess it is less like a noise box, and more like a sound box. For like drones and abrasive sounds and stuff like that.

I don't know how better to describe it, but if you have used Super Collider, you should know what I mean.

Kramden
Aug 11, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Where can I get some cheap 9V AC adapters that will work with pedals? I am tired of using up batteries. Thank you.

Kramden
Aug 11, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
My guitar (and most guitars for that matter) sound like garden hoses during solos. How can I make it sound like a fire hose?

Like, when the solo comes in, I just want to BLAST with like feedback and noise and power. Like Albert Ayler on the saxophone.

What effects can I get so that my guitar will just BLAST sound? Thank you.

Kramden
Aug 11, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

dancehall posted:

How about a sound like on "Blue Orchid" by the White Stripes? That's a POG plus a Big Muff.
GREAT suggestion man! I put that into my amp modeler software thing and POW it sounded awesome. I still wanna tweak it and stuff, but this is a keeper!

Thanks SO MUCH!

Here is a little improvisation I just whipped up two minutes ago!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kramden
Aug 11, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

APimpNamedSlickback posted:

sounds pretty cool man. what amp modeler/hardware do you use?

i stopped playing electric guitar because i was concerned about my hearing. but i definitely want to record guitar into say, apple logic.
Thanks! I just downloaded a demo version of this modeler called "Guitar Rig 4" the other day. I really really like it, and am going to buy it as soon as I can. It is cool - it operates as a standalone or a plugin into a sequencer. I am running my guitar into an MBox2 and recording in Pro Tools LE.