Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
I want to play mp3s at half speed, what is a good program to do this in a reasonably simple way? Windows or linux.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Better_Than_You posted:

From a while back, and I apologize if this has been answered already...

Amazingly, Windows Media Player will slow down tracks to 50% speed. To do this, go to the menu bar in media player: Play -> Play Speed -> Slow

A more robust option that I use is BestPractice:

http://bestpractice.sourceforge.net

It has more sophisticated slow down options, as well as the ability to do looping over a particular phrase. And it's free :)

You're awesome.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

HappyHippo posted:

Does anyone have a recommendation for good free software for writing music in standard notation? It doesn't have to play anything (although I won't complain if it does), just let me notate it. This isn't for guitar, I already have Power Tab, I just want to make standard notation.

I'd also like to know what Sibellius is like for making sheet music.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

scb posted:

What's the best instrument to play if I want people to think I'm a really really cool guy?

Pedal steel without question