Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

samo
Feb 3, 2008
Has anyone used the Hercules Double Bass Stand? I am thinking about ordering it, but I want to know how sturdy it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

samo
Feb 3, 2008

RandomCheese posted:

I can't vouch for that specific stand but all of my mic stands and guitar hangers are Hercules branded and are very strong and sturdy, I have no qualms at all about entrusting the safety of my instruments to any product they make.

Awesome, I haven't used any of their products yet. I think I will take the plunge, thanks.

samo
Feb 3, 2008
I play in a metal band and I play samples during the show. Clips from movies and a couple of sounds along the lines of Neurosis or Buzzoven.

Right now I am using a Boss SP-505, but it fills up quickly. I think it is designed more for drum loops and such. I am looking for something that could quickly and easily play samples, for a decent price.

I have an ipad and a really cheap android tablet. I don't really want to take my ipad out to bars, but I just found out about Ambrosia's Soundboard. It seems to be my best bet. But I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it.

Also does anyone knows what bands like Neurosis, Buzzoven, Ministry or even groups like Wu-Tang use to put clips in their set?

samo
Feb 3, 2008

Brettbot posted:

Have you heard of BackToBasics? Man... Or Astro-Man? (a surf band) uses this to play samples during their show. See this video on Youtube for example. You put all your samples in a folder and assign each one to a key on your keyboard. Then you can play each one, and you can even change the pitch and speed and volume and stuff in real time. You would have to bring a computer to the show, though, so maybe more trouble than it's worth.

That program looks pretty awesome! It doesn't have any specs, but I see one of the requirements is Windows 95, so this should run pretty well on a netbook right? I think my band mate has one he isn't using.

Oh and that band is pretty sweet! I have to check out more of their stuff.

samo
Feb 3, 2008

Brettbot posted:

Yeah, I would think it's fine. It's a very simple program. You can download it and try it out to make sure it works before you pay and register it, too.

EDIT: Now that I have more time, I'll add that it's a pretty useful program, too. Some features are Mac-only, but most aren't. You can make a sample loop until you toggle it off, or loop until you let go of the button (stopping immediately or finish the sample first), or play once and then end. And I think it's only limited by your computer's memory, because I use it to play "samples" that are entire drum tracks, up to 4 minutes long. Take a look a the online manual to get an idea of all the things it does. And yeah, MOAM is one of my favorite bands, they're awesome live.

Thanks a lot! I am going to check it out for sure! On a side note, MOAM has a huge discography, where should I start?