Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pg2011
Feb 23, 2008

I can see clearly now
The brain is gone...

What is the best live looping program for Mac? Preferably something that can loop midi input (for drums) and audio inputs (for guitars). Ableton is hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pg2011
Feb 23, 2008

I can see clearly now
The brain is gone...

I have been working a mashup album and I finally finished it tonight. It is almost an hour long with 36 different tracks (I made the album as a whole, not by individual track). I split each track manually in Live, encoded it to v0, then loaded it into iTunes only to find about half of my tracks have a slight amount of silence at the beginning and end.

Here is an image comparing my mp3 to the original wav:

I tried encoding in both Max and iTunes at both CBR and VBR and it always gives me the same result. :(

I looked at waveforms of Hood Internet and Girl Talk tracks but they don't seem to have the same problem. What am I doing wrong?

pg2011
Feb 23, 2008

I can see clearly now
The brain is gone...

baka kaba posted:

How long's the gap? If we're talking a few milliseconds is could just be an issue with MP3 as a format, I think it's divided into frames of a fixed length and if your song ends partway through a frame it has to fill the rest with silence. I'm not sure you can get guaranteed gapless playback with MP3s anyway, so there could always be a click depending on what people are playing it back on. LAME writes some gapless info so you could try encoding with that instead, it might help some people to play it back without gaps.

If it's longer than that then disregard!

Yeah, it's just some milliseconds but it appears to be the same amount on each file. I was under the impression that Max encoded with LAME but I'll try and give another program a try. Any recommendations for Mac?

pg2011
Feb 23, 2008

I can see clearly now
The brain is gone...

Manky posted:

Might wanna try XLD.

Thanks to Manky and baka kaba. I encoded my wavs with XLD and for whatever reason everything plays back gaplessly in iTunes now!