Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ireneo Funes
Feb 29, 2008

I have two questions:

1. What do you guys with decent-sized pedal boards use to power all of your gear? I've been looking at the cheaper power supplies like the 1-Spot and Godlyke (what an awful name) but all the reviews I've read complain that they give off a ridiculous humming sound.

2. What's the general consensus on Lace Alumitones? They look awesome, but does anyone here actually have a set?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ireneo Funes
Feb 29, 2008

Haha, right on. Thanks alot.

Ireneo Funes
Feb 29, 2008

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

The 1 Spot will buzz like a mf'ing devil if you hook up more than one inverse polarity pedal to it, though, because it's got a single groundloop is the way I understand it. Also you'll get a whine if you have too much current being drawn; most digital pedals take a few hundred mA while a lot of overdrives take as low as 10 mA. If you just want a bunch of dirt pedals hooked up to it, 1 should be fine, but if you're gonna have a couple Moogerfoogers (or other inverse polarity pedals) or a bunch of digital stuff you could just get two 1 Spots. Or three or four, depending on your needs. :)

I think I should be fine seeing as how all I really use is overdrives/tuner/distortion/reverbs. I wish I had the money for a couple of Moogerfoogers though... :(

Ireneo Funes
Feb 29, 2008

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

Also yes on Moogerfoogers, I saved up over a month apiece for the ring mod and filter and at least three months for the delay :3: (also if anybody wants to spend too much money on an incredible mono trem pedal get the Moog ring mod, best and most varied trem i've ever heard)

Moogerfoogers are so drat cool, but I can't seem to justify buying one for myself. I play blues rock and alt. country stuff most of the time, but every once in a while I end up playing shoegazy stuff with a friend's band. I can't help but think how awesome a few 'Foogers would sound with their sound.

Ireneo Funes
Feb 29, 2008

Okay, so I'm looking to replace the pickups on my Agile AL-3100 by Christmas. I've been looking at the different GFS pickups and am having a hard time choosing exactly what pair or combination I want. If it helps you give me some suggestions, I normally play alt-country/blues-rock stuff, but dabble in shoegazey stuff as well (weird combo, I know).

Also, has anyone played the Fender-style split-coil hums from GFS? I can't seem to find any demos of them on Youtube.

Ireneo Funes
Feb 29, 2008

I'm looking at after-market tremolos for my beater Telecaster. I was scouting for GFS trems but I have no idea what I'm looking for. I want something that will more or less just drop right in be it a Wilkinson- or a Bigsby-type deal.

Any suggestions?

Ireneo Funes
Feb 29, 2008

I have a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe that I might possibly want to run through an Avatar 4x12. Will anything blow up?

Ireneo Funes
Feb 29, 2008

I need some quick pickup recommendations. I'm just now peeking back into the music scene after having my free time owned by grad school, so I'm more than a little behind when it comes to any hot, new pickup technology.

I play mainly shoegaze/slowcore stuff (think Codeine's "Loss Leader" or True Widow's "Skull Eyes") so I need some humbuckers that can really crush when I need them to.

I'm starting to think that maybe some basic GFS hums would work, but I'd like to know if there's anything new out there before I settle.

fake edit: These'll be going into an Agile LP 3100 or an Ibanez SG clone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ireneo Funes
Feb 29, 2008

Can anyone tell me where I might find a Jazzmaster trem arm that fits my AVRI bridge? Angela.com seems to be sold out at the moment, and the ones from Allparts look pretty janky.