Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JumboJetDreams
Jun 3, 2008

Gorilla Salsa posted:

My answer would be Tera Melos' eponymous album.

We should be friends :hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JumboJetDreams
Jun 3, 2008
Any tips on finger picking? I always play with a pick, but I've been listening to a lot of This Town Needs Guns recently and Tim Collis plays without one pretty much exclusively. I'd like to learn some of their songs, but my right hand just kind of gets confused :smith:

Here's someone covering the song I'm currently attempting to learn http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g7YaNmPJ80

JumboJetDreams
Jun 3, 2008

Boz0r posted:

Two questions:
Is it generally possible to be able to change the channel of an amp with a multi-effects board. Specifically, I have a Zoom G9.2tt and I'm looking for a good tube amp and I'd like to be able to change channel with my board.

If the amp supports midi channel switching. Not many amps have that though and the only ones I can think of are pretty expensive.

JumboJetDreams
Jun 3, 2008

Underflow posted:

No. What you *could* do is get an old Boss Line Selector (which, incidentally, has lots of other switching functionality, including s/r iirc). Your set-up would then be: guitar into board into LS, which then splits the incoming signal to output A and/or B (or even C if you have another channel or amp). Lots of output modes can be set by a simple knob, and there's volume compensation knobs as well. It's a great piece of gear, even in a professional environment (no noise from switching whatsoever). I used one as a channel selector for my old Vox, which at last put an end to the increasingly annoying chore of daisy-chaining and volume adjusting of the individual channels. You'll find it useful for lots of other set-ups as well; multiple amps, separate effects chains, an auxiliary amp with all effects bypassed placed close to the drummer for reference, and so on. Oh, you can also use it to have 3 instruments ready and plugged in, which can be a godsend to the progrock trio types who have one or two alternative instruments mounted on stands. No noise from the inactive instruments, and no worries about volume differences or tone (including the possibility to share any or only some effects with the other instruments. It's a great little box, really.

I'm 100% sure you can do it if you have an amp that supports midi switching such as a Marshall JVM or that modular Randall amp.

CmdrSmirnoff outputs are really common.