Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

So, I did a spare time project this year, where I learned about music composition and arrangement by composing theme music for each character in my friends' Pathfinder game, using free VSTs and Reaper. I revealed the final themes for everyone during our Christmas session, the players loved them, and now I want to post the themes somewhere online to share with our other friends and with fellow musicians.

My question is, where is the best place to post this sort of thing nowadays? There are five themes, so I have a short "album" going. I'd also like to post some "liner notes" for each song, describing what I was thinking as I tried to capture each character, along with some text describing the "album" in general.

I think once upon a time, BandCamp probably would have been perfect for this sort of thing, but I heard they got bought by a hedge fund who fired half their staff. So, what is a good replacement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Thanks everyone! Bandcamp it is. I'll probably post it after our next session.

Pollyanna posted:

This rocks btw and I feel compelled to tell you good job 👏

Thank you! It was a really fun project and I learned a ton. I felt like I had a decent grasp of music theory basics going into this, but I hadn't really tried composing anything (other than noodling around on the guitar), and I definitely didn't know anything about orchestration, etc. I definitely felt like I jumped in the deep end, but it was super worth it.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

VikingofRock posted:

So, I did a spare time project this year, where I learned about music composition and arrangement by composing theme music for each character in my friends' Pathfinder game, using free VSTs and Reaper. I revealed the final themes for everyone during our Christmas session, the players loved them, and now I want to post the themes somewhere online to share with our other friends and with fellow musicians.

My question is, where is the best place to post this sort of thing nowadays? There are five themes, so I have a short "album" going. I'd also like to post some "liner notes" for each song, describing what I was thinking as I tried to capture each character, along with some text describing the "album" in general.

I think once upon a time, BandCamp probably would have been perfect for this sort of thing, but I heard they got bought by a hedge fund who fired half their staff. So, what is a good replacement?

Quoting this post, because I uploaded it! (Bandcamp link here) Thanks again everyone for the advice on where to upload this.