Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
its probly a metric size, not a standard size :eng101:

e: you should be able to pick up a set of metric keys for a few bucks. you might want to google for information about your particular guitar, whether its a kahler or floyd rose or w/e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
Look at the effect pedal thread, theres a lot of stuff mentioned in there, especially as regards boutique pedal builders.

I like Devis stuff but Im too superstitious to play through a fuzz pedal :lol:

Moog Musics moogerfoogers are some really great effects, but not quite so affordable. They do play nice with modular synth gear, though

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

rt4 posted:

What do you mean? :confused:

I enjoy jazz, and I enjoy jazz cigarettes. I do not enjoy the fuzz, or having them pay a visit, hence I wont play my music through a box with their name on it. Itd be bad luck. That is how to be too superstitious to play a fuzz pedal :eng101:

Also, if youre terrified that the knobs on your pedals will get turned, well, I dont know where you learned how to rock and roll, man :eng99:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

not a dinosaur posted:

Thanks all, great find with the Amazon link. Unfortunately as Stabbing Spork said I'm not currently in the US, but I'll be making a trip back in a couple of months so maybe I'll have a friend hold on to it for me. Of course that requires patience :goleft:
You could have pay your friend to ship it to you -- youd still be saving quite a chunk of change, plus youd get to rock and roll

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Tez posted:

Im thinking of buying a 93-94 Fender Mustang (Made in Japan) for about $900US. Am i about to pay too much for it?

I really like it but dont want to be paying overpriced for it.

Any feedback appreciated. Cheers.

thats way too much unless you live in japan or are getting it shipped from there. you should be able to talk em down at least $100 no sweat, because you could get a new one with warranty for less than $900 if you look carefully
i personally wouldnt pay more than $600 for one

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Boz0r posted:

Anything at all, it's for a custom job anyway.

i love my dimarzio minihumbuckers in my custom tele :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Underflow posted:

You could try an Alesis SR-16. Each main programme has a variation and 2 fills to go from A->B->A, which can be controlled by stepping through a simple footswitch, iirc. Easy to use overall, weight and size is about that of a large pocketbook.

The SR-16 is definitely a fine basic drum machine, and it has a fine set of samples and decent enough builtin patterns. If you want something more exciting and electronic sounding (why exactly do you want a drum machine instead of a live drummer, btw?) the old Korg Electribes are great. I have an ER-1 and its just fantastic, and making new patterns is much easier than the SR-16. Also, you get to make the sounds with a basic drum synth. If you want a lot of fun on an instrument thats pretty easy to learn, I'd go for the ER-1, you should be able to find one for under $150. If you wanna just set it and forget it, the SR-16 will be a safe cheap choice at around $80. Or you could just do like me and get em both, that way you have the nice live samples on the Alesis unit and the ease of programming and creative possibilities of the Korg.
Of course, there are other options. Boss makes some fine lower end drum machines that are pretty akin to the SR-16 as I understand. And if you're loaded, the Elektron Machinedrum is just about the most popular thing on the whole internet