Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

May 3, 2009
I asked this question at the music store and they did not know the answer or I ended up confusing them. So I think I will ask here.

Any one here can read sheet music and play guitar?

My question deals with rhythm and sheet music.
My brother is playing the trumpet as lead, and I am using my guitar as the rhythm
http://www.8notes.com/scores/512.asp
I have the sheet music for a song. Unlike the one I am showing as an example, it has the chords above the notes.

It shows the rhythm for the lead, yet I was wondering as the rhythm section(as in not lead) do I play the beats as shown in the notes for lead in the sheet music or is the rhythm unwritten? As in when it says moderately fast, I set the metronome to that and keep beat for everyone else that way?

Which is correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 3, 2009
Hello I have fruity loops studio 8 and my brother and I have been making some good loops.

The problem is we do not know how to make any songs or patterns longer then 45 seconds. It is very frustrating that something as simple as making a song is not simple to do in this program. We just want to make a full fledged song!

Please help?