Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

denzelcurrypower
Jan 28, 2011
Anyone know of an ear training site or program that features identification of seventh chord inversions which also allows an arpeggiated mode? I need to practice for an exam and the only ones I can find online are either root position or only allow the harmonic chord. Specifically I need major seventh, minor seventh, minor seven flat 5, minor major 7, dominant seventh, and dominant 7 sus. While I'm at it I'll also mention that any tips on this would be great, I did well last year but now that we've incorporated inversions and dictation I'm failing the course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

denzelcurrypower
Jan 28, 2011

baka kaba posted:

I love this thing and I think it does what you're asking unless I'm getting the wrong idea:
http://www.iwasdoingallright.com/tools/ear_training/main/

That's exactly what I needed, plus it has an option to download it to work offline. Awesome! Thanks a million buddy, I only wish I asked for help earlier 'cause my exam is in a couple days.

denzelcurrypower
Jan 28, 2011
Not sure what forum is best for this question but I figured the musicians might know the answer to this. I’d like to get a mic that I can use for voice chat while playing Counter Strike (FPS game). I already have a really nice pair of headphones that I’d like to continue using, but they don’t have a microphone.. Is there any way I can get a microphone to attach on my headphones? Or is there some kind of modern table mic that doesn't take up too much space? My headphones are Audio-Technica ATH-M40fs if that matters. I don't care much about sound quality, it's more the convenience factor of having an easily available mic that doesn't need to be set up every time I want to use it and doesn't take up too much space.

denzelcurrypower
Jan 28, 2011
That mic stand stand looks quite bulky and seems to be an expensive solution. The lapel mic is more along the lines of what I was thinking. Any idea if they can connect via USB? Potential good brands, or possible costs involved...?

edit: Actually, I just looked up a video review for the Snowball iCE USB Microphone and it is a lot smaller than I expected from the photo on NewEgg. Looks like it would do the trick. Still, if there is some kind of mic that attaches right onto headphones I might prefer that. Thanks for the ideas, both of ya! If you aid me further in this quest I will be forever in your debt.

denzelcurrypower fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Dec 29, 2014

denzelcurrypower
Jan 28, 2011

MoosetheMooche posted:

That mic stand stand looks quite bulky and seems to be an expensive solution. The lapel mic is more along the lines of what I was thinking. Any idea if they can connect via USB? Potential good brands, or possible costs involved...?

edit: Actually, I just looked up a video review for the Snowball iCE USB Microphone and it is a lot smaller than I expected from the photo on NewEgg. Looks like it would do the trick. Still, if there is some kind of mic that attaches right onto headphones I might prefer that. Thanks for the ideas, both of ya! If you aid me further in this quest I will be forever in your debt.

If anyone is interested I found the solution here: http://www.modmic.com/