Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I have a pair of lovely MTX Thunderpro 12" Sub PA speakers. One of the tweeters apparently went out and I can't find replacement cones online anywhere. Are they the rebuildable kind or am I hosed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

What instrument is this anyway, when the word "Television" fades in? I've tried googling it but came up short.

https://youtu.be/ILvvLygO97o?t=53

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Lester Shy posted:

Sounds like a waterphone played with a bow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63yI1vGg6IY

Okay someone in the stupid questions thread (I asked there first before being directed here because I have the dumb) correctly identified it as a bowed cymbal, so you were close! I knew it wasn't a waterphone, it was too harsh, but the bowed cymbal is 100% the sound.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I got a stupid question regarding MIDI, I've noticed some MIDI tracks have percussion parts that go from note F7 to note C8 (between notes 89 and 96 respectively) that not a single one of my soundfonts has any samples for, as well as a lack of samples for G#1 and A1 (Notes 20 and 21 that I have never seen be used. I have soundfonts that cover the rest of those notes in percussion just fine, so for the majority of songs I have imported into FL Studio I don't have a problem selecting a soundfont that works with them, but for these tracks in particular (Darkseed 2's midis are a perfect example of what I mean) I have no idea what instruments are supposed to correspond to these notes. Obviously they have to go to something, but there isn't a single documented instrumentation standard I can find that includes these notes at all. What am I missing here? Does anyone know what these notes correspond to?

Example shown below, the highlighted notes I have no idea what they are.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

cruft posted:

Notes don't have to map to particular drums, it's just a convention. Maybe they had some weird sample of, like, a rubber mallet hitting a package of uncooked spaghetti in a 20 gallon copper kettle, and figured G#1 was as good as anything else.

...well this midi is from Darkseed 2 so like... it'd be a package of cooked spaghetti, but your point is still valid.