Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

Pokey Araya posted:

I play guitar in Open A and I use 6x12's most the time, an Orange 2x12 and 4x12, same Celestion v30''s you have, and they work for me.

Edit : Just re-read you are open to different speakers sizes, I love 12's, and 15's together, the only problem is a two 15 cab is usually the same size as a standard 4x12, but if you have a transportation, and a space to fit it, I would for sure go with 15's.

My old guitar rig on the left 4x12 on top, 2x15 on bottom, loaded with Weber speakers. Both cabs were the same size which was kinda a pain in the rear end. Bass rig next to it, 2x10, 2x12, 2x15. I often combined them in a bunch of configurations, and they all sound great.

When you say Open A do you mean drop A or like A E C#? Cause that rig is not the rig of a player that uptunes. If its the latter, I'm assuming its some low-tuned version of open A and I'd be curious what that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Scoff the festune
I guess it would be pretty straight forward with a baritone tuning now that I think about it. b f# d a E B -> a e c# a E A is all downtuned or standard for each string.

Makes me want to try some weird sus or add chord open tuning now but I'm bad enough in standard lmao

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Scoff the festune

Ruffian Price posted:

Doesn't a million streams pay out, like, $45? How much is bank here?

The guitar youtuber Bernth put up a video talking about how much he made from streams and IIRC its something like 0.0045 dollars per stream. So more like $4500 dollars but yeah, not "make a living" money.

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Scoff the festune

I. M. Gei posted:

Listening to this playback over and over and over again, wondering if the instrumentation is good, wondering if the notes are right, wondering if each instrument is pitched at the right octaves, wondering if I'm assigning the instruments to the singers' individual voices in a way that sounds good, is giving me major psychic damage and the godawful playback is not helping.

What is a daw?

Digital Audio Workstation eg Ableton, Reason, Logic, Cubase, FL Studio, Bitwig, etc

If you don't have a DAW and are trying to write music, you should really look into getting one. Most have trial versions. Reason's trial is full featured and has no end point so you can use it forever if you want. Maybe look around at what people who make the kind of music you like use and give that a shot.

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Scoff the festune

Flipperwaldt posted:

Reason's trial is 30 days, it's Reaper whose trial can be extended indefinitely.

Oh whoops, yeah thats what I meant. I'm dumb