Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Does anyone use a computer to make synth music? What program(s) do you use?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Mike Arthur McVein posted:

I mostly use hardware now but I have used a bunch of different software in the past. I use Reaper and Audacity for recording/editing sound and Sekaiju for tweaking MIDI files. If I was just getting started then LMMS and some solid free synths (Tyrell N6, Dexed, Vital) and effects (Valhalla Supermassive, Camelcrusher, DualComp etc) are what I would use, knowing what I know now.

Yeah, I'd be just getting started. I just need something to play around with right now.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Mike Arthur McVein posted:

Welcome to computer music! If there's a specific style or genre you're interested in, I can maybe make some more specific recommendations, but you can't go wrong with the free setup I described; the instruments and effects I mentioned will cover many bases and what you learn with LMMS will be transferable to many other DAWs if you find another one you like more.
Hmmm....something that works with like, a rainy day sound? I'm completely new to making music so I'm kinda just trying to find stuff I vibe with.