Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I've recently come into a few mics and have a few instruments I noodle around and making a couple recordings to share around would be nice

I require the ability to have two seperate line in's that I can mix levels independently

One aimed at the instrument and the other my vocals

I'm happy with anything that can really accomplish this however hacky,

Is there cheapish amateur level mixing board or genre of devices I can look into?

Thanks you in advance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

syntaxfunction posted:

Get you a nice interface, like one of the Scarletts that have enough inputs. The Scarlett 4i4 would probably do what you want perfectly. There's also a tonne of other great interfaces, check out the home recording thread.

Interface, and a couple nice mics. Nothing too special, just don't get like AliExpress mics (mainly cause some of the wiring is fire-hazard level). Anything else you might want like a mic stand or whatever should be pretty affordable.

Edit: Ignore the mic advice, missed that you had some. If any of those instruments have line outs a good interface will give you a couple extra ins for those on top.

It's mostly just going to be double bass/guitar and vocals , just just want to be able to get the levels right between the two

Thank you for your help I'll have good fun with this

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Out of the box solution, but the aeropress PuckPuck drip counter will give you a BPM in a pinch if it's on IOS