Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Release EPs featuring Jay Tholen remixes :v: Just don't delete your old drafts, I once wiped all my export folders from before I got relatively good in a fit of rage and have regretted it ever since. Hearing the way you progressed is fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Of course! Thomann ships to Poland.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

...Jarmuła Music? They don't have international shipping in their pricing chart but they do mention VAT exemptions for clients outside the EU, maybe try reaching out?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Is it there if you keep the interface on 100% direct monitoring? I have this on my U-Phoria when it's in any sample rate other than 44.1k but I wouldn't expect the same issue here, try resetting the ASIO driver or experimenting with buffer sizes?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Lightworks used to be the best free NLE, now the free tier limits output to 720p so it's DaVinci Resolve

The grognard answer is video filters in ffmpeg or AviSynth

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

It's definitely a "guitar FX" sample from a sample CD. Grandia 1 used the Digidesign SampleCell library's METAL EXT PYRO sounds for boss music, but I went through them and it's clearly a different source this time :saddumb: The rest of the track just plays different FX samples in sequence

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

with these artifacts it sounds like SpectraLayers; Zynaptiq Pitchmap would be cheaper and easier to use if you want to quickly remap the scale of a song tho

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

My old M50 had the channels switched and resoldering the connector helped there. I guess if the tip and ring started touching it would make the cable sum channels on both sides :thunk:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 felt the easiest in general, going 1 2 3 1 2 3 4 5 would be the most helpful for me personally but that's probably not correct

outside of the cool rhythms it doesn't sound like the song breaks 4/4 at any moment

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

there are full-time jobs that take the idiot composer's printed out MIDI and make it playable by human beings

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Check NotePerformer out if you do go with Sibelius. Solid shortcut to good-sounding output from regular notation

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I'd start with the videos here https://www.image-line.com/fl-studio-news/tag/getting-started and then https://www.image-line.com/fl-studio-news/tag/mixing/
the official help chm (it's good!) also has a step-by-step intro but that's a bit outdated as the new instrument track workflow completely deprecates the channel rack IMO, the new official videos cover both ways to work

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

You can open the song in an audio editor, turn on spectrum visualization (sometimes the arrangement's clear enough the notes are, like, right there) and loop tiny chunks of it one after the other. No shame in looping one note until you hit upon it in the piano roll

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

The Aston Element is insanely good for the price and very versatile for instruments, just gotta be careful about the proximity effect for speech, it does more of that bass boost than most

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Kontakt? There is so much free poo poo that requires a full version of Kontakt

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

there's also, uh, the tuner and metronome combo

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

hexwren posted:

i need to learn a daw, but every time I try, i end up in this massive anxiety attack because i don't know what I'm doing and there's like ten-year-olds with record deals because they can run a daw and they're almost too powerful for anything i know how to do

all the music I've recorded in the past has been micing live instruments and recording into audition/cool edit pro

i never understood midi, probably because i can't play keyboards. I'm okay at loving with settings in menus, but even your most basic daw with your most basic sound plugins gives you like five billion knobs to turn and settings to gently caress with before you even press a key

I've got a controller, but I mostly just play it through dexed, a standalone dx7-style software synth i found online once, making 80s noises and dicking with the arpeggiator

i think i need a hands-on instructor, because i hate looking at videos to learn things and the documentation makes my eyes glaze over. idk where to even get something like that

The Goon Music Academy discord has a DAW questions channel, could be a place to start. I'm also sure nobody would mind if you started posting here with every little thing

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

It was part of the Emulator II factory library and should be present in the Arturia version.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Doesn't a million streams pay out, like, $45? How much is bank here?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

NotePerformer is solid and by the maker of WIVI if you remember that. Won't ever sound as good as produced mockups but the playback is at least accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I. M. Gei posted:

I assume these all work with Sibelius files?

Sibelius is a DAW, with VST/AU hosting and a mixer, it's just more hassle to wrangle articulations and expression for virtual instruments from a score view without a playback engine balancing it for you (for example, mp can translate to vastly different CC1 ranges between libraries). I see that NotePerformer has DLC that interfaces with other plugins now, but I've never played with that, while their non-brass models aren't super realistic they're perfectly okay to get a "how will these parts sound together" feel without loving around with MIDI, you literally install it and pick from a list :v: