Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Hello thread! I'm getting bombarded with ads on social for services that will get tunes into "top Spotify algorithmic playlists" usually involving a 12 year old in a bucket hat yelling at me. This is all bullshit scam stuff right? Has anyone actually tried any of these, and was it at all useful?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ruffian Price posted:

Doesn't a million streams pay out, like, $45? How much is bank here?

For my use it's more like a million streams equals easy and plentiful arts grants

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Drink-Mix Man posted:

What do you do with fried and broken effects pedals? I've got an old analog delay (Axon AD-900) that seems to be bricked I'm guessing after running phantom power to it or putting the wrong A/C adapter on it, something like that. Also a Meris Mercury 7 where the the mix knob doesn't crossfade between wet/dry anymore, I can only get a hard "wet" or "dry" out of it.

I'm not much of a gear repair DIYer though not opposed to trying. Are these fixable issues for a bench fee or investment in DIY effort that's worth it given these are $200 -$400 pedals?

Yeah for sure. Best case the Meris needs a new pot and the delay just lost a sacrificial diode in which case both should be able to be repaired inside the bench fee time allotment plus a few bucks worth of parts. Worst case you find out it's not worth the money, chuck em on reverb and you'll probably make most of your repair investment back from someone who wants to have a crack themselves.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Diodes only cost literal cents, it's not worth the time to get the multimeter out, just swap it. 1N4001 are used in most circuits for this job.