Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution

Kramden posted:

My guitar (and most guitars for that matter) sound like garden hoses during solos. How can I make it sound like a fire hose?

Like, when the solo comes in, I just want to BLAST with like feedback and noise and power. Like Albert Ayler on the saxophone.

What effects can I get so that my guitar will just BLAST sound? Thank you.

How about a sound like on "Blue Orchid" by the White Stripes? That's a POG plus a Big Muff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution

Milka posted:

One of my relatives passed away and I've been offered his bass guitar. I can play alright, but I'm right handed, and it's a lefty model. Is it worth my time to restring it and play it like a right handed bass? I usually don't play with a pick, so I don't think which side the pickguard is on would matter..and I know the volume/tone knobs would be on the bottom a little further away. Is there something else I'm missing? Would the body be digging into my ribs or anything? I haven't seen the bass guitar in a while, but I can assume based on his income that he had a pretty high end one.

Don't bother, it'd be more trouble than it's worth. You'd have to change the nut, readjust the bridge, install a new strap button... which might reduce potential resale value, plus it'd look goofy to play.