Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin
Me and some friends regularly meet up to jam in a smaller basement room (~13'x13'). We're looking for a different setup that we can use for vocals. Currently, we're using a SM48 plugged into a lovely guitar amp. There are a couple of problems with this: it only supports one mic and it's fairly quiet (the volume pot on this amp is hosed up).

The two options I've considered so far is getting a powered speaker with 2+ XLR inputs or a smaller mixer we can use with some 6" studio monitors I have.

I'm leaning toward a powered speaker just because hauling a mixing board and studio monitors around sounds like a pain in my rear end. Any advice or options I hadn't considered?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I faced a similar question and bought a powered speaker but I run the mics through a mixer anyway because I have one in the room.

Is there a better guitar amp that has multiple inputs?
A good guitar player probably sounds good on the lovely amp too in my experience

Unfortunately, no amps with multiple inputs - the lovely amp is actually broken, haha. (The volume pots are shot and it's a 20 year old Fender practice amp so it isn't really worth repairing or anything.)