Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

Tigernamus posted:

What makes a good musician? :(

good clothes and expensive gear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

velcro too

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

h_double posted:

Check out the MoogerFoogers; an MF-107 FreqBox + one or more of the MF filter boxes sounds pretty close to what you are looking for.

Alternatively, roll your own. It is pretty easy to build some simple oscillator + filter circuits, then you can put them in an enclosure full of light sensors and piezo elements and make some freaky and unique poo poo pretty inexpensively. Nicolas Collins' book "Handmade Electronic Music" is an excellent starting point for this kind of thing.

http://www.musicfromouterspace.com/

This website will point you in the right direction.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

Anything that was built in the 70's and still works has to be pretty good. Brands have gone through so much consolidation and reorganization over the years that 1970 Crate probably occupied a very different market than 2009 Crate.

Don't worry about it if it sounds good. :)

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

Renters and homeowners covers your instruments in your home, but typically don't cover them at a gig or in your car, and would be replaced minus whatever deductible you have.

I have a rider added to my homeowners for full replacement cost of things like my basses, amps, and laptop. They're insured at full retail cost because if someone jacks one of my Stambaughs it's not like I can just go out and buy a new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

Yeah, I made extra sure what conditions my basses would be covered and where they wouldn't. The rider covers the instruments anywhere *except* bars and music venues.

I'm not really playing out a whole lot right now, so that's fine, but as soon as I am again I'll get specific instrument insurance on everything.