Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeldaLeft
Oct 15, 2004
Waiting in the mirrors of the Hotel Lobby
I'm using non-keyboard midi controllers (two xone:1Ds and a nanopad) in FLStudio and I want to midi map the keys on the piano roll to specific buttons on the controller so it can be played that way. I cant seem to accomplish this, as the standard 'right click-link to controller' option isn't available in the piano roll.

I have a similar problem in the VST Omnisphere. I cant seem to map any of its functions or knobs to my controllers. (in FL or ableton)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeldaLeft
Oct 15, 2004

Weird BIAS posted:

For any VST you can't right click, press the menu button (that triangle in the top left corner of the vst) and select browse parameters. Then right click the parameters in the browser that you want to assign.

this would have been a great help, but omnisphere's paramaters are 4095 parameters that are simply numbers, and another 125 labeled midi cc# and they dont seem to affect anything when i assign them. arrrgh...

ZeldaLeft
Oct 15, 2004

Weird BIAS posted:

When the browser is open with that list and you move the button/slider/whatever on the vst, it should automatically jump to that value in the browser. I can't really suggest anything else to help, I couldn't find a single vst in my collection that wasn't labeled to some degree. Give either the FL forums or Omnisphere a shout about it.

nah, that doesnt seem to work. digging thru omnisphere forums now.