Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nelsocracy
Nov 25, 2004
Indubitably!
Does anyone know of a good metronome or drum machine that can play swing rhythms? I'd like to be able to practice playing jazz to a semi-decent sounding electronic drum track. I'm willing to pay up to around $150.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelsocracy
Nov 25, 2004
Indubitably!
Can someone who's decent at wiring pickups please let me know if this configuration would work? Black is the ground line, red is hot. I'm trying to wire up 2 pickups with a volume and tone knob for each, using concentric pots and a 3-way mini switch. Sorry for my terrible handwriting, and thanks in advance.

Click here for the full 509x700 image.

Nelsocracy
Nov 25, 2004
Indubitably!
Does anyone know the basic differences between the different Fender Twin models (Blackface, red knobs, silverface, reissue, reverb, etc)? I've done some research but the only thing I can find is that they were made in different time periods and have "different circuitry" as well as cosmetics. I'm a little confused as to why certain models are worth much more (Blackface).

Nelsocracy
Nov 25, 2004
Indubitably!

Danger Jane posted:

So I'm kind of hoping this is just the varnish that's cracked, and not the wood, but it's really hard for me to tell, and goons seem to know everything. Please, help?

From what I understand, the first thing you'll want to do is loosen the strings. I've got no idea whether that damage is serious or not, but if it is, you'll only be making it worse having the strings at full tension.

Nelsocracy
Nov 25, 2004
Indubitably!
I recently went to a gig where the guitarist was playing a Fender Champ, and it sounded great. I currently have a Fender Blues Jr, which I am fairly disappointed with. I was debating buying some kind of Fender Twin but I realized this won't be great for small gigs or bedroom playing. My main question is - how does the Fender Champ compare to the Fender Blues Jr in terms of volume and clean headroom? I much prefer the sound of the Champ but I'd like to be sure that I can play small gigs and play over a drummer with it as I've been doing with my Blues jr. I know the champ is only 5 watts but wattage doesn't really give a clear picture of how loud an amp really is.

The one I'd be picking up is a late 70s Silverface, likely.

Thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelsocracy
Nov 25, 2004
Indubitably!
I have an mp3 recording that seems to be damaged - at one point in the song, for about 1 second, it speeds up considerably. Can anyone recommend a program to fix this? I have Audacity, which can slow down songs, but I'm not sure if I would be able to find the correct speed manually to keep the rhythm even.