Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

I'm looking for a vst guitar effects plugin that I used to use (with cubase). However, like a dummy, I forgot to backup the files before a reformat.

All I can remember is that it was free, that the webpage had a handful of different vst's and that this one in particular had an interface that looked like a bunch of guitar stomp pedals - there might have even been some knobs and switches from a combo amp on their interface. It's not much to go on, but...any ideas?

edit: aha! found it! it's called Fretted Synth

Seventh Arrow fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Nov 15, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

I'm looking for a program that will let me input a chord progression - like maybe a 12-bar blues or rhythm changes - and easily transpose it to other keys. It would also help if it outputs to a pdf or image file or something, although I can live with taking screenshots if necessary. Is there anything like that? It doesn't have to be free, but I'd prefer that it doesn't cost a zillion bucks either.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

I'll give both of those a try, thanks!

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

I'm looking to jam out some of my song ideas with a drummer and keyboards, maybe guitar. I want to record the session and my local music stores has these handheld recorders available:

https://www.long-mcquade.com/rentals/recording/0/21/520/#top-pagination-count

Does anyone know anything about these? I remember using a handheld recorder for this sort of thing before but the results were very distorted and muffled, it was clearly meant for nothing more intense than a singer with an acoustic guitar.

Also, I see that some of these devices record to an SD card, which I know nothing about. How would I connect one to my PC to transfer the file(s)?

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

That's great, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

this is kinda-video, kinda-music related: I want to make some instructional videos where I can toss a chord progression or some notation up on the screen. What's a decent, cheap-ish program that will allow me to do this?