Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yad Rock
Mar 1, 2005
Can someone tell me what kind of guitar Duane Denison played for the Jesus Lizard's reunion tour? I've seen the body shape on many old-fashioned hollow-body guitars (same thing with the bridge) but this is a smaller, solid one. Also the middle of the headstock is cut out.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yad Rock
Mar 1, 2005
My smallish Fender bass amp has a "cut mids" button and it makes the bass sound like crap if you press it. It's like the tone knob on your bass itself (if you have a J or P): there's only one position in which it sounds good.

Yad Rock
Mar 1, 2005

Way Past Cool! posted:

Sorry I forgot to mention that, the first two switches on the jaguar are on/off switches for the neck and bridge pickups. The third switch activates a bass-cutting filter, which makes the tone even higher pitched, which can be used to cut through the mix when playing with a full band.

The rhythm circuit switch on both jazzmasters and jaguars cuts off the bridge pickup and main volume and tone knobs. This means only the neck pickup is active and it's volume and tone are controlled by the roller knobs. The rhythm switch can be used to quickly switch between separate volume/tone settings, but a lot of people never use it at all.

You can see how different setting work with this Virtual Jaguar (a corny name but it illustrates the features pretty well). There's more information about Jazzmasters and Jaguars on the same site.

That's pretty neat, I've always wondered what all those switches were for. Have you had a chance to play the J Mascis signature Jazzmaster (or maybe it's a Jag I really don't know)? It sounds and looks great but obviously it's a bit pricey.

Yad Rock
Mar 1, 2005
What instrument produces the melodies on The Birthday Party song "Mr Clarinet" ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmSULZZUgLc

It's first heard about 30 seconds in and also occurs in the chorus. Most of their songs just have guitar but it sound almost like a distorted melodica. Could just be synth though.