Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Would anyone know why some of my plugins appear tiny in Reason? Specifically I've found it to be an issue with the Soundtoys plugins and iZotope Ozone. The Arturia V Collection has resizable windows, so it hasn't been an issue with those. But with the Soundtoys plugins, those don't have a resize option so they're in really small little windows and it's hard to read the text on them. Same goes for Ozone. I was using Ozone 8 and the text in the Maximizer (like the peak/RMS numbers) were really hard to read, and I saw that Ozone 9 had resizability so I upgraded to 9, but even with resizing the window, the numbers are still really hard to read :(

This has been happening since I upgraded to Reason 12, because prior to that, I'd been using plugins in Reason for years without this issue.

I'm using Reason 12 (running the latest update) on Windows 11 Pro and I have a 4K monitor. I wish I had another DAW so I could see if this is an issue there too but I don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

JamesKPolk posted:

Reaper freeware is a quick install if you just wanna check

looks like you're not the only one having problems though:
https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us/articles/4416355436946-My-VST-panels-are-too-small-in-Reason-12-2-4-on-Windows
Huh, so that solution actually seems to work for the Soundtoys plugins and for Valhalla Shimmer (which I forgot to mention in my previous post), though not for Ozone. When I did it to Ozone, it made the text even smaller and resizing the window didn't work :negative:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

webcams for christ posted:

until a comparable alternative emerges, I like Bandcamp's layout for presenting an album with accompanying artwork on a single URL. it's not like Google isn't actively surveilling and thwarting unionization efforts among its employees, and soundcloud is privately held, with a lot of VCs in the mix

another option is cdbaby, which you could use to get your music listed on Deezer and embed your tracks on any webpage you like
I don't know how true they are, but I've been hearing bad things about CDbaby for a while.

If you're looking to get an album on streaming services like Spotify, Apple Music, Deezer and more, I've been using DistroKid for 5 years now and it does everything I want it to with no issues. I've uploaded 19 releases through there so far and it's always been a breeze.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'll throw a vote in for the DAW I've been using my whole career: Reason. It comes with a bunch of built-in instruments and is pretty easy to learn. I mean, I started using it when it had way fewer built-in instruments and was able to navigate my way around it without even using many YouTube tutorials (mainly because those weren't really a thing when I started, so I kinda had to figure it out for myself).

There's a new version coming out in June, though, so you may want to wait until then. The full version right now looks to be $499 and includes a free upgrade to the new version next month. There's also Reason+, which is their subscription model. It's $1 for the first month and then $20/month after that. Reason+ has even more built-in instruments and effects and such, plus more get added all the time.

This is an overview of the current version, though this will likely be outdated next month when the new version comes out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_3u4Vxt_Ko