Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
But then it'd be Hach...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
Pretty much, yeah. Generally I make adjustments and then leave the guitar for a bit to let it settle, and then just forget to ever put the trem cover back on again.

I was tracking recently though and had to put all my covers back on with foam sandwiched in between, to kill the ridiculous noise/feedback that ringing trem springs cause.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Has anyone played or have any experience with Emperion guitars? http://www.emperionguitars.com/

They seem to have just started and are looking like an Italian version of Rondo with a more metal/rock guitar slant. Personally I like the idea of a flame-top V with BKPs for 460 euros shipped, but this seems to be their first production run so I haven't found any comment on the quality.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

I'm thinking of sticking some tape on the back of my guitar necks at the 7th, 12th and other frets to act as a feelable fret marker so i can flail around like a retard while playing. Does anyone know of some tape that won't leave hideous gunk on the back of the neck or stain the wood if I ever need to remove it?

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

This is going to be some sort of lead-in to a lecture about how I haven't learned how to play guitar properly if I need to mark the frets, isn't it? I mean I saw Behemoth live a few weeks ago and both their guitarists do it, and I still have to actually learn to play the song, so it's not like it's acting as anything more than a tactile aide.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

I had a frantic 5 minutes troubleshooting my pedalboard last night at jams, it turned out the vocalist had accidentally dragged a cable across it and it'd turned my Decimator noise reduction knob all the way up. Do you guys use anything to make sure that your pedal dials don't accidentally get knocked around? I'm paranoid that this might happen at a show.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Does anyone remember the address of that site that does custom guitar string sets? I've mixed and matched gauges to set up one of my guitars properly and I'd like to custom order a new set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Crosspostin' from the effects thread because apparently no-one reads it:

I'm looking at getting a reverb pedal to add a bit of depth to solos and leads (I play through an Engl Fireball if that helps, metal obviously). After some research it looks like the EHX Holy Grail Plus or Marshall Reflector will be the go, I'm on a bit of a budget otherwise I'd spring for the TC Electronic reverb and be done with this dilemma. Any suggestions either way, or other pedals I should look at? I don't need stereo or reverse so something pretty basic should do I think