Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
I've been jamming with a bassist for a little while now, and I really think we could use some sort of metronome or click track to help us keep in time. I have a simple mixer/amp setup to mic vocals, and I was thinking I could just plug my laptop into one of the channels and have it play something. Do you guys have any recommendations for a decent/simple audio program to do this? It doesn't have to be too fancy or sound like a real drumset or anything, but it would have to be able to be set to different tempos and hopefully sound a little more exciting than a metronome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

scuz posted:

Plug the Korg MA-30 into the tape-in on the mixer using a mono 1/8"-to-RCA and you're golden.

I was hoping to do this in software (for free). There has got to be some freeware drum machine that isn't completely lovely. I used to use something called hammerhead (or close to that) that worked fine, but I figured in the 3 or 4 year interim something else better has to have come out.

Edit: Ended up downloading Hammerhead Rhythm Machine or whatever, and it's still acceptable.

Delta-Wye fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Dec 6, 2009

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
I'm sorry as I suspect this is asked all the time, but I couldn't find anything in the last few pages. Does anyone have any recommendations for a simple application to load up an audio track and play sections on repeat or slow them down? I want to work on ear training and having something straightforward so I can hear the same part over and over again while noodling would be pretty useful. I can find lots of hits on google, but I'm looking for some recommendations. This is a pretty simple app, why shell out for something like audiosnail when I only need 10% of its features?

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

baka kaba posted:

A goon made BPMinus, it works well!

Indeed it does! Thanks random goon.