Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Small question that I didn't really know where to ask. I listen to a lot of music and dabble in ableton on my pc and currently have my sennheiser hd555 connected directly to my onboard audio. The audio isn't as loud as I would like it to be so I'm looking to fix that. Is a FiiO E6 something that would improve that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
To be honest I'd only really be using the output on it as I don't have anything to connect to it besides an axiom 49 which I currently have hooked up through usb. Though the issue you listed with headphone amps makes sense and it would be good to avoid that.

I guess I'll just try and grab one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avid-M-Audi...=item4aca9e296a

unless there is a better route to go for mostly music listening.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
So I want to get into drumming and currently have an old Xbox ion drum rocker.

Are the pads on this pretty good, in which just geting a different "brain" would make it comparable to say an alesis nitro, or should I just splurg and get the nitro (and maybe the mesh?)

Mostly would be used for yarg and ezdrummer.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Thanks for the info! Yes, yarg(yet another rhythm game) is like clone hero but more rockband like and more active development.

I actually have the rockband pro stratacaster guitar too, but that thing is a bitch to play.

So I'll probably do what you said but use that as I don't own an Xbox 360 anymore and just a series x.

I do know a little bit of python, and actually did write a script to convert the inputs to midi out with velocity as all the current rb2midi programs I found didn't have working velocity. I think it's due to Microsoft updating their controller drivers which made it lose support.

There is a lot of ghost hits however it you use Max force, so I'll need to add a debounce.

Any info that you have that would help would be much appreciated though!