Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

If it wasnt' an Ovation it'd be easy to stick your hand thru the soundhole and feel the wood from the unfinished inside of it, but with that... Definitely slacken the strings and take it to a decent tech asap

I know that on my Ovation with the epaulet soundholes, there's a patch on the back that you can unscrew to do fun stuff like truss rod adjustments. Is your guitar lacking this? If not, then just take that off and stick a flashlight in there, which might make clear how deep the damage is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
Are the Gibson '58 VOS a limited time deal that Gibson is doing? I dreadfully want one, but realistically I won't have 3700 dollars to blow on a guitar for a couple years, and any sort of limited edition thing is going to be long gone by the time I've got enough scratch to buy one. If that's likely to be the case, then I might just start convincing myself that the Epiphone version would be exactly the same and for a couple thousand dollars less.

Pretty much all of my gear is on the low price / high value end of the spectrum, which is why I want just one really top notch thing that I can hold onto for years, treat lovingly, and pass on to my kids when they follow in my footsteps and live out all those dreams that I failed to accomplish.

fake edit: What I really want is just a plain top les paul, and the '58 VOS is basically the only gibson version of that that I can find. If somebody knows of a standard production les paul that's a plain top and is maybe around 2 grand or something, that would be pretty balling.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Yes! Those don't come in honey burst, which is a minor tragedy but the cherry sunburst is almost as good, and those look fantastic. Thank you for pointing those out; I had completely missed them.