Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Early Cuyler
Jan 10, 2006

Fruit don't talk. Fruit just listen.

SimpleCoax posted:

I barely know what I'm asking so I will put it here. I want to take the 3.5mm input channel on my iMac and route it through some software effects and then use the processed signal in something like Skype or iChat. What's the best/lightest weight way to do this? I don't want to spend any money on something like this that seems simple. Can AU Lab pull this off? I plan on using the effects in AU Lab at least. Do I need to use something like SoundFlower to route the sound? I'm thinking I need to fake another input channel that is actually the processed version of the real input channel, right? I'm sort of asking the question before really playing around because I don't want to install and remove a bunch of software only to find out there's a simple solution using software already in OSX. I have 10.6 with developer tools installed.

Soundflower is probably your best option: you can also use JackOSX to route audio between programs. Within OSX, though, I don't think you really have any options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU