Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stabbing Spork
Apr 9, 2006
Anyone have a suggestion for a good 335 copy up to $600?
I've been considering the Agile AS-1000, Epiphone Dot, Hofner Verythin CT, and the Hagstrom viking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbing Spork
Apr 9, 2006

not a dinosaur posted:

Basically I want somebody to tell me it is okay to drop 900 bucks on a Godin Redline 3. I'm worried, because googling around yields almost nothing, it doesn't seem like anybody actually uses this guitar. There are a couple of glowing reviews from guitar websites or magazines or whatever, but none by an everyman. There is a shop near here that has them in stock so I guess I'll go try it, but I don't feel confident enough in my ability to judge to make that decision alone. Also why aren't there any maple body guitars without a loving tremolo

If you don't mind the color, and act fast, you can get it for $379
http://www.amazon.com/Godin-Redline-Electric-Guitar-Natural/dp/B001QCXS28/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1278514478&sr=8-6

Stabbing Spork
Apr 9, 2006

Ferrous Wheel posted:

As Stabbibg Spork says, I think you can spend less than $900 on a Redline if you shop around, but I think Godin is one of the safest companies to buy from sight unseen. I don't own one but I check out their stuff in the shop all the time and I've never seen anything that would worry me. Good builds, good necks, good finishes, good designs. Also note that they tend to take a massive price hit when selling used, so if you're okay with that it could save you a lot.

I have owned 1 Godin, a Detour that I picked up for cheap. It was very well built, with solid hardware. I eventually sold it because I wasn't in love with the pickups or the neck feel, but these things are improved on the more expensive guitars.
I see that you posted a link to a German store, and finding a used Godin might be a little more difficult there, but if you can get a used one, do it.

Stabbing Spork
Apr 9, 2006

BronYAurStomp posted:

My acoustic guitar's neck is becoming increasingly bowed. Is there anything I can/should do besides take it in to some shop? Why does this happen? I got the action lowered around a year ago, could that have had something to do with it?

If your neck is bowing, you probably need another truss rod adjustment. If you have an appropriately sized allen key, you can do it yourself.

http://www.fretnotguitarrepair.com/repair/acoustic-guitar/truss-rod.php

Stabbing Spork
Apr 9, 2006
Can audio rackmount equipment be mounted on a computer server rack? They both seem to be 19".