Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bunnicula
Mar 22, 2007

skish skish
^What's up robo buddy :) I too have a roborovski hamster, named Otis

That's his little sleeping pod in his Habitrail Ovo setup. He has one ovo loft and two ovo pads connected with a crapton of tubes and little pods like that. I'll take a picture of the whole thing and post it soon. I love pictures of crazy habitrail setups!

Roborovski hamsters can run for hours and hours on end and I personally like the Silent Spinner that Otis has here. It only makes a soft, whirring noise. And yes, I guess I waste money on the pretty colored carefresh bedding, but I know it's for my amusement and not his.

Unlike syrian hamsters, robos aren't as keen on being manhandled, but you can train them to be cool when they are picked up (if you are patient). Otis is a food whore and will hop right into my hand for a treat :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunnicula
Mar 22, 2007

skish skish

Gustav posted:

I'm a little late to the game, but I believe this is a Winter White hamster.

I agree that aquariums are easier to clean, but half the fun for me is watching my hamster run around his crazy habitrail setup. Speaking of which... I still need to charge my stupid camera and take a picture of it. I'm not sure I would have bought the habitrail stuff if he weren't a robo though... seems like it would be to small for a syrian. Also, I lost track of the cost, but it was probably between $100 - $200 which is just ridiculous. If you're not willing to spend half a day cleaning and drying tubes and stuff, don't do what I did :xd:

Bunnicula
Mar 22, 2007

skish skish
I finally got my act together and took a picture of my hamster cage!

It has to be cleaned often, is a giant pain in the rear end, and I wouldn't recommend it to anybody. All the detachable bits do make spot cleaning a little easier though since I can just seal off an area and clean designated bathroom spots between total clean outs. Despite all this, I love it and I can't go near this contraption without feeling happy.

Otis seems to like it too:

Bunnicula
Mar 22, 2007

skish skish

Awesome Kristin posted:

Oh that teeny nose! I need to find some props for taking cute robo pictures stat.