Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

This is completely ignorant, but do gerbs need to worry about some 90 degree temps? They're little desert dudes, aren't they?

They're primarily nocturnal, so they tend to sleep in burrows during the day where it doesn't get all that hot. They're much more temperature-tolerant than some other rodents, but they might still like someplace to cool off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Yep, rats are super social, almost every rat is going to be happier with other rats. I just introduced a young solo boy who had been alone for quite a while, and he was ecstatic to meet my other rats. Of course, one of my old guys doesn't feel the same way and has been kind of a grump, but the other is very happy to have a little cuddle buddy.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Rule #1 of owning pets: never trust the Petco guy

A million times, this. I can't think of a specialty retail shop where the employees are more ignorant/misinformed about their products. If the guy at the auto parts store gave you the kind of terrible advice pet store employees give out on a regular basis, people would be dying in car accidents left and right.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

tentawesome posted:

How do you tell if your hamster likes running around the house in their ball? I can't tell if she's running into the wall because she's terrified or just retarded.

Running to the wall is an instinctive thing, rodents don't like to be out in the open so they run to the nearest thing that remotely resembles cover.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

tentawesome posted:

Oh no, now I feel really bad :(

She's probably having fun in the ball, they do like to explore. She just wants to be away from the big scary open area where a hawk might swoop down and eat her :)