Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheats
Sep 28, 2007

strange sisters

kazmeyer posted:

And if you're really lucky, you'll get to hear the mystery noise. Chirping. I don't mean burbling or squeaking, I mean "holy gently caress there's a bird in the living room". Occasionally, guinea pigs just zone out and start chirping, loudly, like a bird. No one knows why they do it, not every pig does it, but once you hear a pig do it once you'll usually hear it again. I had a chirper, and it was an amazingly fascinating phenomenon to see and hear.

My first pig was a chirper, but only in response to the sound of the water softener turning on, at 2 a.m.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheats
Sep 28, 2007

strange sisters

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I had something like that happen with one of the guinea pigs I had years ago. They were out for floor time, and one followed me out into the kitchen (anything dangerous like cables or whathaveyou was blocked off, of course). And the cunning little bastard promptly waddled under a cabinet that we could've sworn he was too big to fit under. We couldn't reach in to grab him, but the moment I rustled a plastic bag (because the sound generally meant VEGGIES! :byodood:), out he came wheeking his fuzzy head off in the hope I'd give him something.

Guinea pigs are the worst for that kind of thing because they're either fitting into spaces they seem way too big for or they're running away from you faster than those stubby legs have any right to carry them.