Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
So I have a bit of a dilemma with my pigs. They really don't like being picked up (I got them from a nice couple via craigslist who had young children, I think this is what has caused it) and one of them literally sounds like she is being murdered as you try to pick her up. Once you have a hold of her, she likes being snuggly against your chest, so I know she doesn't hate me. Anybody have any tips on getting them to calm down about being picked up or is that just a prey instinct thing?

I would also like to note that Zupreem makes some good GP food, and my piggies like it more then Oxbow's offering. That being said, they loving LOVE Oxbow hay and aren't too terribly fond of Kaytee.

Bonus pics of:
Helios (aka Fatty)

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

and Selene (aka Jerkface)

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Yeah, they don't nibble on the hut too much. I've been on the lookout for a nice untreated wood hut to replace it with. I may try ordering some Kleenmama stuff, but I have to get over the whole "ordering specialty food for my $10 pets" thing first. I don't know why I have this hangup, seeing as I've already spent like $400 in vet bills and cage/acoutrements in like 4 months.

EDIT: Screw it, just ordered 5lbs of Timothy. Its really not as bad as I expected price-wise.

Blackmage Yapo fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jan 28, 2010

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Any tips/tricks for trimming guinea pig nails? I've only ever done it on an 80lb dog before who wouldn't fight too much. I don't seem to have enough hands to do everything needed with these guys.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Quick guinea pig question.

My smaller piggie seems to be drinking more and more water as time goes on. Originally they would drink like one bottle a day, now I have to refill it 2-3 times. We have had the AC on at 70-72 through this whole time period, and I don't see them having any other problems. Are they just getting thirstier as time goes on or do I need to be on the lookout for something?

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Yeah, on further inspection they are drinking a bit more, but the bedding under thier bottle is substantially wetter than it should be. Our Petco has gently caress-all for rodent stuff, but I'll see if they have anything like that. Just waitin for the new Petsmart to open up so I have more options that that or walmart when I need something in a hurry.