Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MissConduct
Jun 20, 2008

Hardships are like training with lead weights...
When they come off, you go flying down the road!
Hey guys!
I have a question....or two.

Two days ago I was in the shower and I heard my cats going nuts. When I stepped out of the bathroom, I found them batting around mouse. It was pretty mangled up.

Figuring that there would be more, I got a Have A Heart Trap and captured two tiny baby mice. I scooped them up and put them in a small tank. They have fur and are eating solids.

What in the world do I do with them?

Keeping them is my last resort since I already have cats, dogs and rats.

Nobody I know is willing to adopt them - except for the ones that want to feed them to snakes. I don't want the little babies to be eaten.

I live in New Orleans and The SPCA won't take them and I don't feel right releasing them because they are so tiny and I doubt they would survive very long.

I have no idea what kind of diseases wild mice carry, so I haven't fooled with them much.

drat they are cute, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MissConduct
Jun 20, 2008

SonicYooth posted:

When you say small, do you mean small enough that they're unable to fend for or feed themselves? If you think that they would be able to find food for themselves, I would consider releasing them somewhere. Is there perhaps any nature areas nearby that have enough cover that they wouldn't immediately be picked up by a hawk etc? It's problematic in the city because you don't want them to just run into someone else's home and become their problem or possibly wind up in a snap or glue trap.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

They are that size.

There is a nature area close by, but I have no way of knowing how well they would evade predators.
Is it too late to release them? I've had them for less than a week.

MissConduct
Jun 20, 2008

I appreciate the advice. I'll let them go.

This was my first time with this. Yeah funny how there is so much info on how to capture a pest without hurting it, but then not much info on what to do after.

Lack of info is what prompted me to ask here!

her0n, thanks for that link. Most informative - and disgusting.