Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sirotan posted:

Am I the only one with pets who seems to prefer to become sick on Sundays and holidays? I swear they know the most inconvenient time to do this poo poo. "Hmm, the vets office is closed today and there's a massive snowstorm forecast for tomorrow, time to get gut stasis!"- my guinea pig, right now.

Luckily I have a ton of pig drugs on hand and can likely treat this myself but I really don't need this kind of anxiety.

Oh no, poor pig :ohdear:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cowslips Warren posted:

What site do we use to upload pics these days? I need to post some of my piggie Penpen; she was dropped off at the humane society last year because of a tumor, and our cat/dog rescue asked if anyone would foster/hospice her. I volunteered, and took Penelope home. She is now called Penpen and barely does the cavy squeals unless I am late with her food.

I remember when I first got her, I'd wrap baby salad and cukes in a paper towel and make her tear it up to get it. Oh, she hated having to earn her food! Now she throws a fit if I just toss a handful in, she wants a puzzle, damnit!

Imgur's still the go-to.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

-CHA posted:

On the eyesight chat: Rodents are probably very nearsighted, but their sense of hearing more than makes up for it and gives them a good understanding of things going on in their surroundings. Although we can't completely rule out the attention to flashing lights like computer screens. Many of my hams have fixated on computer screens when put on the bed or couch with a laptop running.

Would scent be a factor too? I'd have thought that even if they can't see more than a blur, the smell and sounds coming from that blur amount to a full profile of "it is the food-giving giant".

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Aww, Barry the Stud Chinchilla passed away? I'm so sorry to hear that :ohdear:.

Capn Jobe posted:

The beaver fever gave her some pretty bad diarrhea, which necessitated giving her an actual wet bath. The poor thing.

That is an expression of total betrayal and murderous plotting :ohdear:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sirotan posted:

Just gave all my pigs a bath, they were long overdue. Everyone mostly hated it, and one of them started out by screaming bloody murder, then when she realized this wasn't working, just went completely limp and gave up. Set her down in my little tub and she rolled on her side with all her legs sticking out, awaiting death. What a drama queen lmao

Now they're all fluffy and smell good and pouting at me :3:

It's amazing how pointedly they can give you an Annoyed Look when they're upset with the giant that pets and feeds them.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sirotan posted:

Well old miss Mavis is still hanging in there, though today she has decided she'd rather not eat anything. At least she's feisty while I'm having to shove a syringe down her throat. :/

If Mavis can have a hissy fit about taking her medicine, then she can't be that sick :colbert:

:ohdear:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pasketti posted:

Yikes, best wishes to your ham

uhh, on a lighter note...

My husband is having too much fun with his new figure. And Kirby.

My mom's reaction is killing us

Kirby seems like an inquisitive little sweetheart :allears:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Guinea Pigs can be surprisingly polite about not wanting to piss on you when they want to. The ones I had as a teen would both start getting real fidgety when being held to let us know that in a few minutes they were gonna take a piss and it could either be on whoever was still holding them or in the comfort of their cage.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Bandai Arts channel on Youtube is cycling out an episode each week. Latest one is Episode 3, it'll get replaced with Episode 4 tomorrow I think.

Also Pui Pui Molcars absolutely needs more love.

edit: This is the Bandai Arts Channel where they're uploading it officially.

And episode 3, while the link's still good;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev6pGQVWNSw

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jan 25, 2021

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sirotan posted:

Newest episode of Molcar is up and it's the best one yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCvg0Ukn0fM

If you have not had the opportunity to witness the glory of Pui Pui Molcars yet (Bandai cycles the episodes on the Youtube channel weekly instead of letting them stay up :argh:), they're going on Netflix at the end of March on the 25th.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Mar 16, 2021

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sirotan posted:

Imagine thinking you could resist kissing this face, I contend that you could not

btw this is my brand new pig Nori, she is just over 5 weeks old now :3:

"You want to do what to me? :stare:"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pants Donkey posted:

Loading up the carrier with hay was a great idea. I also brought a baggy full of chopped peppers to keep them happy. They got a clean bill of health from the vet!

Your vet bills maybe paid, but thread tax demands photos of the guinea pigs in question (if possible) :goonsay:.

Also glad they're nice and healthy.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

This is how we inevitably get Rage Zombies.... :ohdear:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ok Comboomer posted:

do we need to be worried about the little Targaryens?

Targuineans.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

newts posted:

They are :3: They’re all curly like their dad/uncle. A couple of them have extra toes, too.

You should give them all rich and noble (ie inbred) names like Lord Charles Squeakson Esq.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Treecko posted:

If I were you, I'd separate them asap. Top definitly looks female.

Bottom 3 have testicles decending.

I don't mean to be a buzzkill, but they have no qualms mating within their family.

You could get them all fixed if you want to keep them, but it's expensive, as you know.

I wish I had better advice.

Pretty sure they're already very aware of that unfortunate fact first-hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Nope, sorry, wrong thread entirely. You are now required to post EVEN MORE PHOTOS of your adorable Chinchilla friend as punishment though.

Those are the rules, sorry.