Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alucinor
May 21, 2003

Taco Defender
Aw, I'm so sorry to hear that, but man what a great long life you gave her.

Such a lovely little girl, I do adore PEWs with those sooty noses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alucinor
May 21, 2003

Taco Defender
If that's the only veg those animals get they probably got worse problems and I wouldn't stress over it. :)

alucinor
May 21, 2003

Taco Defender
Ug, I'm so sorry to hear that. Same thing happened to me - lost 2 of my 3 in the last 2 weeks. Both to cancer, we think (one ovarian, one osteosarcoma).

My last one is a 3.5 yo spayed female. I am SO hesitant to get another pig - I wanted to be done after this group - but I expected them to keep each other company a little longer and I can't bear leaving her alone that long.

alucinor
May 21, 2003

Taco Defender

Tabemono posted:

Could the piggies actually aggravate the allergies of someone living a floor above us?

If the person is allergic to hay, and the two floors have a shared air system, yes. Pig hay generates a TREMENDOUS amount of dust over time, and even small amount of it can be a problem for people with serious allergies. I can definitely smell fresh hay on the top floor when I open a new box on the bottom floor of the a/c or heat is running to circulate the air.