Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fishbulbz
Aug 24, 2004

What are the civilian applications?
Woe is me. I have cubes, I have coroplast, I have Carefress. I just can't find any Guinea Pigs for adoption. The local SPCA had some, but they got snapped up pretty fast. Anyone know of small animal rescues in Saskatchewan, Canada? The only Canadian pigs that show up on Petfinder are in BC. They are super cute, but not within feasible acquisition distance.

I'll keep waiting for the time I can feed parsley and bell peppers to some mini house buffalo. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishbulbz
Aug 24, 2004

kazmeyer posted:

Maybe try posting that you're looking for pigs on GuineaLynx? They have an entire forum devoted to cavy placement, and if there's any bunch of people who are expert at getting homeless pigs into homes it's them. Back in 2002, a breeder in Hollister, California got shut down, and there were something like 140 horribly abused pigs that needed homes. They ended up renting an RV and organizing a cross-country piggy train, adopting them out to people in at least a dozen different states.

If they see you've done your homework and are willing to give a good home to pigs in need, they'll bust rear end to find you some pigs, believe me.

Thanks for the info. Just checking that forum shows that it's pretty easy to import a guinea pig from the states. That's useful info. I'll probably just be patient and wait for some to show up within the province.

Fishbulbz
Aug 24, 2004

Chin Strap posted:

I think i might just use binder clips. Seems like a nice compromise.

Don't do this! I did, and my derpy little pig got his foot caught in it. He dislocated his growth plate and had to spend 6 weeks on extreme bed rest. It sucked. On a positive note, he was so small the x-rays were taken with dental film, so it saved me lots of money. They were also very cute.