Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
We just added a second story to our Guinea Pig cage, and we want to keep the hay and water up there. They seem to be unfamiliar with the idea of a ramp. Why wouldn't they be?
We put them up top, and they stay there, we show them the ramp, we kind of drag them up and down it, but they only ever stay on whatever story we leave them.

Any ideas on how to make them understand they can come and go from the second story as they please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

About 2 months ago, Darwin jumped off my shoulder and hit the hardwood floor. OUCH.

He was walking with a limp, so I took him to the vet, and sure enough he'd broken his femur. It was a clean break, and the vet was very sure our young piggie had the nerve to heal it up in a matter of weeks. He was put to sleep, x-rayed, and put in a cast.

Click here for the full 1651x1239 image.

We were told to set up a separate enclosure for him, small enough so he wouldn't want to walk around. We took a tupperware drawer out of our cake supply cabinet, put some fleece in it, and kept it inside the big cage. I cut his bell peppers into strips and gave him his ration of hay.

Click here for the full 1685x1264 image.

He spent 4 weeks on anti biotics and pain meds, and now he's all healed up.

Total cost of visits and care, more than $450.
Part of me thought, "His name is Darwin, maybe nature should take it's course", but $450 is s small price to pay to get our little buddy back.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Our air conditioner broke on Thursday, and as a consequence of the heat, we lost a guinea pig this evening.

We feel bad as piggie parents, and have decided that our surviving pig, Crinkles, might need company from the pigs of another owner, rather then us getting another pig.

Anyone within driving distance of OKC and can handle another pig?

You'd be welcome to our C&C cage as well, and our fleece/towel setup or at least the cubes if you can't haul the coroplast.

StrugglingHoneybun fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jul 19, 2010

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

We have mice in our house! And not the kind you get from a pet store.

I just watched two mice run across my window sill, one of which jumped into our guinea pig cage. He ran into Crinkle's house, and I can only imagine, delivered a message from the mouse king, before ninja jumping over the walls out of of the cage and following his mouse buddy on a path leading under our couches.

A rodent war has ensued. I will arm Crinkles with all he needs to defeat these mice.