Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

f o g · f i n g e r s | marin county, california by Lorenzo Montezemolo, on Flickr

3 minute exposure of fog over California.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

This dude is awesome. A lot of his photos are from places I've been growing up too, which owns.

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi

xzzy posted:

drat, I had no idea that the glow from atom bombs could be seen so far away. Talk about light pollution.

http://www.amusingplanet.com/2016/09/how-atomic-tests-looked-like-from-los.html

Would have been cool to witness, if the side effect hadn't been our government spewing radioactive crap all over the place.

one thing 2 take away from this is that ppl have been taking pictures of dancers in unusual contexts since at least 1952 think b4 u shoot ppl

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

holy poo poo

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sans titre by Sam Gunstone, sur Flickr

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Aw I liked it a lot but I'll admit whether it's awesome or not is debatable.

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Oct 4, 2016

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

I really like the City of Boston Archives Flickr account. It's mostly photos from 1900-1970~, and there are some really cool shots in there of old Boston.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cityofbostonarchives/

Tower on elevated, near North Station by City of Boston Archives, on Flickr
[Traffic signal at Walk Hill Street] by City of Boston Archives, on Flickr
Opening of Fire Headquarters Building, Southampton Street by City of Boston Archives, on Flickr
Factory visit by City of Boston Archives, on Flickr
Boston Fire Department prize dogs by City of Boston Archives, on Flickr
Arlington Street from Boylston Street, looking southerly by City of Boston Archives, on Flickr

There are thousands of them, if you're bored and got some time I recommend flipping through it.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Karl Barks posted:

I really like the City of Boston Archives Flickr account. It's mostly photos from 1900-1970~, and there are some really cool shots in there of old Boston.

There are thousands of them, if you're bored and got some time I recommend flipping through it.

These are very cool. Awesome find

Soopafly
Mar 27, 2009

I have a peanut allergy.
It's time for those year-end review things I guess. Some great stuff in here, especially the recent assassination of the Russian ambassador. That one is still giving me goosebumps.

NY Times Year in Pictures

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Your selection had me wondering if 2016 was the year of drone photography, but thankfully on visiting the link it was mostly "normal" photos.

Though I figure aerial photos will only get more popular as time goes on. I guess it's a better gimmick than HDR.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Soopafly posted:

It's time for those year-end review things I guess. Some great stuff in here, especially the recent assassination of the Russian ambassador. That one is still giving me goosebumps.

Burhan Ozbilici has the definition of brass balls. He couldn't be more than 10-15 feet from that gunman. :stare: what a shot

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I haven't watched the video because I prefer to not watch people die for reals, but reportedly the camera operator did a crazy good job too.

Not sure what made them hold their ground, if I ever I see a gun out I'm loving gone. They probably don't even really know.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah that guy seemed more like he wanted attention and to only kill that one guy instead of taking out the whole room, but there's no way you'd know that in the moment.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

I'm liking this set by Jesse Rieser: https://www.behance.net/gallery/48801569/the-class-of-99-turns-30

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

Never go back to the carpet store.

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.
**edit: wrong thread**

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
I got an Instagram like from Jan Schlegel. Holy poo poo his stuff is amazing. He shoots with a 4x5 field camera on black and white film with some hand tinting.

His :nws: Instagram feed :nws:

Soopafly
Mar 27, 2009

I have a peanut allergy.
Some previously unpublished color photos from WWII

http://www.iwm.org.uk/history/second-world-war/15-rare-colour-photographs-from-the-second-world-war

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Helen Highwater posted:

I got an Instagram like from Jan Schlegel. Holy poo poo his stuff is amazing. He shoots with a 4x5 field camera on black and white film with some hand tinting.

Boy I really dont like these. The hand tinting seems really silly (and some of the people are halo'd).

What do you like about it?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Helen Highwater posted:

Oh boy, a well off white dude goes to africa and shoots LF portraits of tribal people because he finds them quaint and exotic. :chloe:

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Hrm, ok. Firstly I like the premise of his work - large format with no digital manipulation. Secondly, I like the aesthetic. It reminds me of watercolour plates from 18th century botany and zoology texts, especially without the context of a background. I can see how that is simultaneously problematic but the effect is (to me at least) striking.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

No digital manipulation here. No siree.

quote:

Mabruko is a beduine girl living in the white desert of Egypt. I was fascinated of her eyes. We stayed a while in her little village before I took that picture.

Seems to me this guy has drank the Nat Geo/McCurry kool-aid.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

nah the kid is literally an angel and he captured her halo.

AAA+++ GREAT SHOT

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc
Colonialism Avedon would be a ballin' posting handle tho

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Helen Highwater posted:

Firstly I like the premise of his work - large format with no digital manipulation.

If it's scanned they're manipulated, though

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.
Is it a coincidence that his Instagram is now deleted?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
lol bet he got banned for nipples

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

8th-snype posted:

lol bet he got banned for nipples

yeah i'm guessing this was it

• Locked thread