Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Captain Crunk posted:

Oh, what did we get in the big box this time?

Hmmm....

Oh, look at that logo:

Yup, that says TD04HL-15T:

But it came with this hose all busted up and bent... think it will still work like this? It's just the oil return hose. I could bend it to normal, but I don't think it'd be easy to source the part.

Looks like I may need to find a new one/cut and weld? Solder? a new pipe on. I could easily enough solder a new pipe to the broken one, but would solder hold up to the high heat from the turbo?

With this turbo, correct tuning, and an upgraded intercooler I think 270HP is possible. I want 300, and may be able to eek it out of this turbo. This is going to be fun.

EDIT TO SAY: $200 - ebay from LKQ and from a car with 72K miles on it. Not bad.

Go buy a proper oil connection, td04 CHRAs aren't particularly special and you could probably get an oil drain line for a WRX and make it work as they use TD04 CHRAs on the slightly older WRX engines.

Also, have you dealt with engine management changes and its ability to add additional fuel and such? With MAP based systems a turbo or signifigant VE change isn't something the engine can compensate for properly as 15psi on a t25 is not the same as on a 15T compressor, its a lot more air that MAP won't see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU