Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

SquallStrife posted:

Well yeah, they're generally pretty good, but as with any Government department, there's no shortage of retards.

Customs aren't "generally pretty good".. they're fundamentally retarded.

I had a pair of ceramic mugs intercepted and destroyed because the handles were shaped like knuckle dusters. The only way to get them back would be to appeal, apply for a license to import a section B weapon from the police and front up to court to appeal it.

Some serious bullshit going on for $20 worth of novelty mugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

xcdude24 posted:

I posted this with its own thread, but didn't receive a response. That being said, do any of you know anything about the Australian working holiday visa? Specifically wondering what the job search is like. I'm fine with a menial job like pulling pints.

Seems every pub, restaurant and hotel in Perth (and every other major city I've been too, and some minor ones) is full of folks on a working holiday visa.

I know a guy with a pub, seems to always be on the lookout for reliable folks to work the place and travelers are high on the list.