Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

My flight to Sydney leaves this afternoon. I'll be there from 9/7-9/13, and as is typical I don't have any sort of itinerary planned. Is renting a bike to get around remotely feasible? I'll be staying right near the opera house and botanic gardens, and google maps implies that it's bikeable.

Also, any cultural stuff to do that doesn't show up on all the Top Ten Sydney Attractions lists? I see the Australian Museum is closed for renovations, but surely there is some other super boring nerd destination I'd enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Thanks for the suggestions/advice.

I always wear a helmet anyway because in the US midwest there are plenty of rear end in a top hat drivers who want to kill cyclists too. Pick-up drivers are usually pretty chill around here in my experience, except for the bros in lifted trucks with smoke tunes.

MCA sounds like exactly my thing, and I'll definitely to check out the bridge. I didn't want to invest the time in the bridge climb, but a shorter experience would be cool. I love nature/trails, so the coastal walk is definitely happening.

I usually just order an espresso when I get coffee, but I'll check out the local conventions. I do love both coffee and asian food. We don't get enough of the latter here except for the terrible americanized buffets.

Loucks fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Sep 5, 2019

Loucks
May 21, 2007

I'm back from Sydney, and had a great time. My spouse does the plant-based thing, so she insisted we do a tasting menu at Yellow, and I'm glad we did. We left stuffed and delighted. The Blue Mountains were really cool, but in retrospect I'd skip Scenic World and find another way in, maybe the Giant Staircase by the information center at Echo Point. They were a mild hassle going up, but going down wouldn't be so bad. I had the most fun once I left Scenic World's boardwalks and wandered onto the actual trails. Only regrets there were that I didn't leave for the park as early in the morning as planned, so I only got five hours or so to explore before the sun went down. Also I should've brought hiking poles, but that's a given. Of all the money I spent I think I got the most value out of my Opal card. With weekly and daily caps was able to travel wherever I wanted for $50 all week long. Coming back and being forced to get behind the wheel to get anywhere was a bummer. I realy knew I was back in the US when I ordered a coffee and was served bilge slime instead. I'll miss being able to get good coffee almost anywhere.