Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

inquis eisenhorn posted:

So im told that you can make good money on working holiday if you haul rear end out to the desert towns around mining areas and just work in pubs all day long. Is this accurate? I know it would be a little grindy but I'm about to finish college with a low amount of debt I'd like to kill off quickly and I'm a desert rat since birth so if the place has a big sky in the day and stars at night I end up kinda just zenning out in whatever I do day to day. Fuckin east coast U.S. offers little in that regard.

Are you a woman? Because i've heard that the punters at these pubs are less than respectful to woman, particularly young female backpackers.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/jun/22/i-was-crying-and-i-was-angry-hotel-coolgardies-shocking-portrait-of-sexism-in-the-outback

Alternatively, if it doesn't bother you, the less you wear the more money you can make.

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Sep 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

I went to Docklands once.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Gatts posted:

Is this where to ask about New Zealand?

I kid, I kid....

:getout:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

fist4jesus posted:

YOU COULD GO DRINK COFFEE AND LOOK AT STREET ART IN AN ALLEY!

Deconstructed coffee.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Yeah Melbourne is pretty bad but at least it's not Sydney.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

movax posted:

What are the downsides to this place (Australia)? On a work trip and it just seems too nice, people, weather, scenery. Is your country out of money? Are you all secretly horrible racists? It’s got to be something evil. :ohdear:

Yes and Yes

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

All small Australian towns will have a nice bakery that has won an award for their pies though.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Kommando posted:

I'm thinking of driving to Melbourne from Canberra via Gippsland.
What's there to see and do there because I'm struggling to find anything except a few national forests, some beaches and a bunch of closed coal mines in the Latrobe Valley.

Seriously I'm looking at TripAdvisor and this town says its #2 attraction is a statue.

A tiger flight is 100$

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Just spend a week in Canberra, you won't regret it.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

JaySB posted:

So, I'll be in Melbourne at the end of next month. Was super stoked to see Metallica and Slipknot...

Have you considered seeing a John Farnham concert on the 24th of November in Werribee?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Oh i thought you meant end of November. Well Jimmy Barnes will be in Melbourne on the 12th of October.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Cemetry Gator posted:

I'm planning to travel to Australia for about a 3 weeks on the ground in March. I'm planning to start in Melbourne and end in Sydney, but I'm trying to figure what my 3rd city should be. Is Canberra a good place to visit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe5xuWmtlVA