Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
I think its about 10k a semester but I could be wrong. If you do a pHD you might get a scholarship but I'm not sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Spaceguns posted:

Also does anyone have an experience with http://www.wickedcampers.com.au ? Seems to be the best way to do a multi person Cairns/Gold Coast/Sydney trip while dragging a bunch of dive gear around.

Most of the backpackers I've met have just bought a shitbox van for AU$1000 and driven that into the ground. It seemed to work for them. I guess it depends on what you can get your hands on when you get here.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

teacup posted:

Adelaide was the most boring piece of poo poo I have ever visited, it really is just as bad as all the stereotypes.

My three housemates come from third world countries and all say how terrible Adelaide is. They don't like the public transport (or lack thereof) and find the place pretty boring. As a Melbournian I'm inclined to agree with them.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I think they'll be fine. The only thing they get really anal about (other than illegal poo poo like drugs and guns) is unprocessed foods that might introduce diseases. They might ask you to turn on any electronic devices so they can be sure its actually a computer and not holing a bomb inside.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

NoArmedMan posted:

Melbourne is eaaaaasy to get around with both public transport and on your bike. Heaps and heaps of bike lanes and trails, bike hire schemes, etc. It's also completely flat so you won't find it hard getting anywhere on your bike. If you've got Melbourne questions or choose Melbourne, get in touch and I can give you a hand. I'd recommend Melbourne over other cities (and you'll find most Australians will defend their city blindly) but it has a great combination of food, art, culture, transport and sport.

I'm not sure which part of Melbourne you live in but the Eastern Suburbs are not what anyone would call flat. The basalt plains out west are flat but they are also bleak and treeless and full of bogans and I wouldn't recommend anyone live there if they could avoid it.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I think NZ has more sheep than here and apparently the sheep over there are more likely to put out. Better climate too, most of the sheep stations here are in the middle of loving nowhere and it's loving hot and dry and poo poo. Most of the isolated places will have accommodation because driving to the nearest town is the equivalent of driving across France.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

They could really use some fresh genes down there too