Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toadcat
Aug 12, 2010

Alfajor posted:

I'm going on my honeymoon next week to Sydney & Cairns. I'm excited as gently caress about it!
We have scheduled tours and visits to the opera house and the harbor bridge, and stuff like that... but we have 1 day in Sydney with no plans.
Can someone recommend something to do that's interesting, cheap and unique about Sydney/Australia? We're probably going to go bar hopping, but that's about all the ideas we have!

We also have a day off in Cairnes (actually, Port Douglas) but we're thinking of using it to take a 1-day tour of the rainforest. Is that worth it? Any companies/tours/areas near that are recommended over others?

Go beach hopping. Start at Curl Curl, then go to Manly and have a walk through the corso. Go to Collaroy, Narrabeen, Newport, Whale and finally the famous Palm Beach. Once you've gone to these you'll see why Aussies laugh at all the tourists who flock to Bondi. It's poo poo and way too crowded.

However you picked a bad time to go, Summer is a much better time in Sydney however Cairns is pretty much hot/warm year round.

Also if you ride a motorcycle there are some fantastic roads to ride on (Macquarie pass, Old Pacific Highway, West Head and Bobbin head road but be loving careful there though)and you can rent a 600cc bike for pretty good prices.

toadcat fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Aug 13, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toadcat
Aug 12, 2010
True but it's a pretty touristy place with the corso etc.

Also can go hug John the hobo.