Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Don't Ask
Nov 28, 2002

My wife and I are going to spend a few weeks in Australia next month, arriving Melbourne 15/10 and departing Sydney 8/11. We're going to spend a week in Melbourne and around 5 days in Sydney and we're trying to decide what to do in between.

We've been thinking about finding a nice non-expensive resort somewhere near the Barrier Reef for snorkeling and beach-going, but since that covers a huge stretch of land we're kinda lost. Another option we were playing around with is forgoing the reef and popping over to Tasmania for a week or so of relaxation and sightseeing. More than one location to stay at would be ideal since we don't want to just get stuck at one place.

Any suggestions or pointers for the right direction would be appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don't Ask
Nov 28, 2002

Apparently Tasmania is great for hiking and walking around, which sucks for us since I've got a hosed up leg. We've gotten recommendations for Port Douglas from several people so the new plan is to spend a few days at resort there, then move on to another fun place somewhere (pls recommend also).
Has anyone been to a one of the resorts there and can reccomend? Also, how does the snorkel/dive the GBR work? Is this something that the resort can arrange or is it better to arrange that independently?

tia