Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SonicDefiance
Jan 30, 2005

How did you stray so far to end up here?

brendanwor posted:

Sydney has some truly world class restaurants, just depends on how much you're willing to spend - any of these you should expect $100-$150 per head minimum.

Tetsuya's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicDefiance
Jan 30, 2005

I don't know how easy it will be to find something within a uni student's budget, but try looking around South Yarra. Extremely convenient to cinemas, shopping, restaurants and nightlife, a short walk/tram ride to Prahran and Windsor (by far the better end of Chapel Street), close as hell to the CBD and a quick, easy train ride to Caulfield station.

SonicDefiance
Jan 30, 2005

Hey Gloomiebat, just saw on Twitter that Shane Delia is looking for a glassie for his restaurant, Maha. I'd get in super quick if I were you - great opportunity to get your foot in the door at one of Melbourne's best dining establishments!

SonicDefiance
Jan 30, 2005

I'm afraid I can't give you advice/opinions on what I think you should cut, but I think it'll be quite a task to fit all of that into one week. It's probably doable, but it'll be very rushed.

SonicDefiance
Jan 30, 2005

Ethics_Gradient posted:

What distillery in Tasmania is 'quite good'?

If you get the chance, try some Overeem and/or Belgrove.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicDefiance
Jan 30, 2005

If you don't go further north than Brunswick, then you miss out on the magical booze den that is Carwyn Cellars.