Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
I'm a 24 year old dude living in CBD Melbourne and moving to Caulfield sounds like a really lovely idea.

All the other places you mentioned would be much better if you can handle the commute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
LAN forum crossquestion:

Thinking of going up to Falls (or Hotham, but most likely Falls) for some snow this year. Anyone know any good places to stay?

I'm going in the August peak so it's going to be expensive either way, but would be interested to know if any places have standout position/food/rooms/value.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
Not really an answer but I never had my RSA actually checked, although I did work at some dodgy places.

Seconding NAB as their internet banking and mobile support are top notch.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

The Sweetling posted:

I'm asking this only half jokingly: is there good :420: in Australia?

Yes but there's very little great weed and there's a hell of a lot of lovely weed. It's difficult to get anything beyond mids and people won't know what you're talking about if you start talking about quality beyond bush/indoor/hydro (which is obviously not an indication of quality).

Unless you have a sweet hookup it will be impossible to get what would be considered "good weed" in say BC or California.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
SH/SC Job Fair crosspost.

I work for a small web dev in West Melbourne* and we've got implementaion (HTML/CSS) and platform development (Java) positions open.

Some details in the SH/SC spreadsheet. PM or email me (username at gmail) if you're interested.

*As in the suburb next to the CBD

Cirofren fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Dec 17, 2012

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
I love Internode but the $100+ set up fee isn't great for a six month only contract. You're probably better off with TPG or iiNet for a short term contract.

If you're moving after that six months and also intend to get internet in your new property they will roll the service over but start it at the beginning of the contract. So if it was 24 months you pay the setup fee once, move house, and then it starts at 24 months again but no moving fee (usually $90 or so). Internode are definitely the best bet for a long term contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Gloomiebat posted:

I'm looking to get my RSA certificate and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for the best place to get that sorted? I was looking at the Victorian Bar School (really just randomly googling, I've no idea if I should be put off by that website, ha) but if anyone had any first-hand experience that'd be great!

Get it wherever it's cheapest. If it's the same as it was 3-5 years ago most places give you boring as poo poo lecture followed by an open book quiz that they will give you near unlimited tries at.